Our credit union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
As a member of our credit union, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
- Our credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services no more.
- Our credit union will protect your personal information. Our credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality. We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
- Our credit union collects nonpublic information about you from some or all of the following sources:
- – Information we receiver from you on applications or other forms such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income.
- – Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or other such as your account balance, payment history; and,
- – Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you as members will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- Our credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- Our credit union will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member of our credit union may elect to keep their information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of your right to choose.
Internet Browsers and Online IDs:
We have taken all appropriate measures to ensure that our web site and home banking product is secure, and that our members’ account information remains private. Our members also play a role in protecting their Credit Union account information. Your online banking Account ID and Password should be provided only when your browser shows a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session is taking place. Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encode (scramble) account information between computers, so that it is virtually impossible to be read by others. We recommend that our members use a current version of browser software so that they may benefit from the most up to date Internet security available. After you finish any web site session that included viewing or sending private information you should close your browser window.
Links from Our Web Site:
We cannot control the content of other Internet sites. Links from our web site are intended to serve as a benefit to our members and are offered on an as is basis. We are not responsible for accuracy, security, or content of site links. We encourage our members to view privacy and security disclosures on all web sites they visit.
E-mail Address Collection:
In order to serve you better we may ask that you provide us with an e-mail address. E-mail address information is necessary to manage our account database. We assure you that the e-mail address you submit won’t be sold or shared with any other party outside the Credit Union unless we are compelled to do so by law. On occasion we may contact you at the e-mail address you’ve provided, if we have product or service information to share that may be of potential benefit.
Contacting Us About Your Account:
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. We will make corrections to account information as quickly as possible. If you ever find that your account information is inaccurate or not current, please let us know.
To contact us you can use any of the following methods:
- Visit us at the Credit Union.
- Call us at 775-725-3586
- Fax us at 775-725-3585
- Send us an e-mail at email@example.com – Please do not send account numbers over the e-mail. Give us the names as they appear on the account but no account numbers.
- Write to: Pahranagat Valley Federal Credit Union, PO BOX 419, Alamo, Nevada 89001-0419